Nutritional Facts About Truffles
- Truffles are excellent sources of minerals, like copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron, sodium, potassium and calcium ;
- Truffles have been identified to possess medicinal properties ;
- Truffles are strong antioxidants;
- Truffles can control immune function to match the required level to prevents the side effects from an overactive immune system, and also boosts a weak immune system;
- Truffles have anti-tumors effects;
1. Composition of commercial truffle flavored oils with GC-MS analysis and discrimination with an electronic nose. Pacioni G, Cerretani L, Procida G, Cichelli A.
2. Mushrooms and Truffles: Historical Biofactories for Complementary Medicine in Africa and in the Middle East. Hesham El Enshasy, Elsayed A. Elsayed, Ramlan Aziz, and Mohamad A. Wadaan
Our Wild Truffles are found between our mountain villages, nestled among the beautiful rolling hills and valleys of Abruzzo, where our families have been hunting truffles for generations with the help of our best friends, as the actual finding of the truffle is done by our hunting dogs. We harvest summer and the rare winter truffles renown worldwide for their unique flavours and prestige. We are proud to carry fresh truffles while in season with the highest quality.
Or "scorzone estivo" is an italian truffle variety rich in flavour and with its characteristic hard corrugated outer skin. The flavour is rich and has notes of forest vegetation and its deep but delicate olfactory notes make this truffle ideal to be shaved raw on omelettes, pasta, meat and other dishes. Can also be lightly fried with garlic and used for Risotto, salads and many other dishes.
Its versatility and ease of use make it a very flexible variety during the summer months to practice different dishes in preparation of the more expensive and deeper flavoured winter truffle.